1. How many years have you been practicing Physical Therapy?
I have been practicing Physical Therapy for about a year and a half.
2. Why did you choose to become a Physical Therapist?
I have always been fascinated with how the human body works and I like how every impairment is part of a puzzle to solve. In addition, I am a people person and truly enjoy helping others.
3. Was there anything in particular that inspired your career choice?
As my grandfather aged and attended Physical Therapy, I enjoyed watching how PT gave him back some independence and improved his overall mental and physical well-being. Seeing the positive affect that PT had on a loved one of mine, I knew that I wanted to have that affect on others.
4. Who are your mentors or role models who inspired your career?
I have been inspired by my professors, clinical instructors and co-workers past and present. I like how every therapist has their own style of practice and different specialties. I am learning new things everyday that are giving me different approaches to practice and allowing me the ability to provide a high quality of care.
5. Please describe a typical day for you at SCPT.
A typical day at SCPT is busy, but fun. I enjoy interacting with my co-workers and patients.
6. What are some of your personal interests or hobbies?
I am an active person and enjoy exercising. I recently became a Beachbody coach for personal accountability to fitness, as well as an opportunity to help others.
7. What do you do to stay active?
I enjoy exercise programs such as TurboFire®, as well as trying different fitness classes. In addition, I recently started running.
8. What is something that most people don’t know about you?
I am related to “Chef Boyardee.” He was my Noni’s cousin.
9. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
Increasing an individual’s quality of life.
10. Do you support any local charities?
I am a big supporter of St. Jude’s and American Cancer Society charities.
11. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I do not speak any foreign languages at this time, but would love to learn another language in the future.
12. If you could eat a meal with anyone in the world, with whom would you?
I would love to eat a meal with Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. Although they are famous, they appear to be down to earth and overall good people.
13. What are three things you cannot live without?
Family, friends and coffee.
14. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
I have always wanted to travel to Italy.
15.) Who or what inspires you?
My family and friends inspire me to become a better person and a better therapist.