1. How many years have you been practicing Physical Therapy?
2. Why did you choose to become a Physical Therapist?
As a gymnast in high school and college, I had my fair share of injuries and physical therapy. Being an active person and wanting to be in the medical field, led me to PT.
3. Who are your mentors or role models who inspired your career?
My parents. Although they are not in the PT field, they were always emphasizing and demonstrating hard work and encouraged me to do well in school.
4. Please describe a typical day for you at SCPT.
Fast, friendly, and always different from the day before.
5. What are some of your personal interests or hobbies?
Hiking, skiing, traveling, spending time with my husband and kids.
6. What do you do to stay active?
I like to run, and recently I began CrossFit.
7. What is something that most people don’t know about you?
I was very quiet in high school!
8. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
To see people being able to return to the activities they love – whether it be playing a sport, fixing things around their house, or playing with their grandchildren.
9. Do you support any local charities?
I have run races to raise money for the Alzheimer’s Association.
10. Do you speak any foreign languages?
11. If you could eat a meal with anyone in the world, with whom would you eat?
I would love to be able to have another meal with my Nana, who passed away in 2012.
12. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
Hawaii and the Grand Canyon.