1. How many years have you been working at SCPT?
I first learned about South County Physical Therapy as a patient when Cathy Smith first opened her practice. Soon after, I began working as a Receptionist/Billing. At that time, Auburn and East Main Street, Westborough were the only two facilities open. I became the Billing Coordinator and remained in that position for 10 years. I left SCPT and returned in 2011 as the Billing Manager for the six locations. I remain in that position today.
2. Please describe a typical day for you at SCPT.
Our days at SCPT are very busy! Each day begins with setting up the plan for the day as far as billing, collections and working the many aspects of the billing processes at all of our locations. We receive many phone calls with referral/billing questions from our other offices and also questions directly from our patients. The billing team works very hard to accomplish their daily goals.
3. What are some of your personal interests or hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with family and friends. My biggest joy in my life is my children and grandchildren.
4. What do you do to stay active?
Work and grandchildren!
5. What is something that most people don’t know about you?
I never wanted to be six feet tall. I told my father I wanted to have my legs made shorter. He told me that my arms would have to be made shorter as they would reach the ground, if my legs were shorter. That was enough for me!
6. What is the most rewarding part of your work?
Meeting my personal goals and achieving the challenges set forth for the Billing Team.
7. Do you support any local charities?
I have been an active participant in the Relay for Life in Auburn for the past nine years as both a Team Captain and Committee Member.
8. If you could eat a meal with anyone in the world, with whom would you eat?
I would love to have a meal all together with both of my sons, their wives and my grandchildren. My youngest son lives in Arizona and it is very hard for all of us to get together.
9. What are three things you cannot live without?
Family, friends and health.
10. Where is one place you have always wanted to visit?
I am pretty content going to Arizona to see my son and family. I also travel to Florida to see my mother. I enjoy visiting New Hampshire or the Cape for “beach time.”
11. Who or what inspires you?
My father taught all of his children at a very young age to work hard. I guess I have always had that in me, to work hard, set high goals and strive to reach them and that inspiration came from my father. I think that later in life my children inspired me to reach for the sky for them!